Welcome to Gateway Hospice
Gateway Hospice seeks to provide the highest quality care to individuals in need of critical care at the end of life. Our services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to patients in the following Western Pennsylvania counties:
- Allegheny County
- Armstrong County
- Beaver County
- Butler County
- Fayette County
- Greene County
- Lawrence County
- Washington County
- Westmoreland County
Gateway Hospice offers supportive services wherever the patient calls “home.” Hospice focuses on pain and symptom management for individuals with a life-limiting illness. The hospice cornerstone is to treat the whole person – body, mind and spirit – and not just the disease. Hospice enables patients to remain alert and carry on a pain-free lifestyle, and supports the patient, family, and/or caregivers with dignity, comfort, and peace of mind, when aggressive medicine is not longer desired or appropriate.
Gateway Hospice offers a wide range of services to our patients and their families. Services can include:
- Provision of medical equipment, supplies, and medications related to the terminal diagnosis are fully covered
- Support and counseling provided by masters of social work
- Volunteer services which may include massage, pet and music therapies, Reiki, one-on-one patient visits, and caregiver relief
- Bereavement, spiritual care, and support groups
- Personalized care from hospice aides including homemaker services
- Gateway Hospice will provide service to any patient regardless of ability to pay
It is our mission to provide quality end of life care through listening, educating and responding to the needs of those we serve, our community and team.
Gateway Hospice is a state licensed Medicare Certified Provider.